[sane-devel] Canoscan 1220U vertical stripes

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Thu Nov 15 11:37:06 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 12. November 2007 17:44:40 schrieb Guillermo Espertino:
> It returns this (the second line, tell me if you need the whole debug
> output):
> [plustek] Plustek backend V0.51-16, part of sane-backends 1.0.18-cvs

Okay - I see.

I've testet here on two boxes and got two different results with
the same scanner :(
The problem is the dark calibration. The 1220 offers a black strip
for the calibration, which is scanned. Other devices which don't
have this, simply switch off the lamp.

So locally I also tweaked the code to not use the black strip and
the stripes disappear (on the affected box).

Are you able to compile SANE on your own?

- Gerhard