[sane-devel] scanimage -T hangs forever

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:01:05 UTC 2007

On 11/20/07, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Nov 19 15:38 m. allan noah wrote (shortened):
> > why are you trying to use the -T?
>
> I thought "scanimage -d... -T" is the right way to do a test?
>
> I use it in the YaST scanner config tool to provide a [Test] option
> for the user to test if his scanner/backend combination works.
>
> Should I better use "scanimage -d... >/dev/null" for a test?

the -T test just tries using a variety of buffer sizes during the data
transfer, followed by a cancel (instead of completing the scan) IIRC.
This might put some scanners/backends into a funk, as they dont
properly implement the cancel.

i would not assume that every scanner/backend combination will act
properly with -T.

allan