[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker 4900 and mustek_usb2 backend.

Adam Sulmicki sulmicki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:08:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I took the mustek_usb2 back-end, and made it look for  Microtek
ScanMaker 4900 (05da:30d9)

The result was the output as shown below and an 320x240 black and
white image with noise.
There was no motor action, but there also was no aborts like I had with a3p1.

The question is, would it suggest that mustek_usb2 is a promising
starting point, or just about any backend will give me such results? comments?

-----------------
% /usr/local/sane/bin/sane-find-scanner
  found USB scanner (vendor=0x05da, product=0x30d9, chip=SQ11) at libusb:004:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported by

% /usr/local/sane/bin/scanimage -L
   device `mustek_usb2:libusb:004:004' is a Mustek BearPaw 2448 TA Pro
flatbed scanner

% /usr/local/sane/bin/scanimage > sq11.img

http://www.missl.cs.umd.edu/~adam/sq11/sq11.pgm

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com      The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers