[sane-devel] Finding Scanner

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Oct 1 10:20:37 UTC 2007

This is the first time I have ever tried to use 'sane' so this may be
a really stupid question.

I have a FreeBSD-6.2 system. The PC is connected to a network via an
Ethernet cord to a wireless router. I have two other PC's on the
network that are connected wirelessly to the router.

I also have a HP Photosmart C6180 'All-in-One' printer connected
wirelessly to the network. The HP's IP is: '192.168.1.100'. The two
WinXP machines on the network can connect with the HP without problem.

Now, I cannot get 'sane' configured to find the scanner. All I see in
the manual are 'LP" and 'USB' configuration details. How do I go about
getting it to work with the type of configuration that I am using? I
am totally lost here.

Thanks!

--
Gerard