[sane-devel] udev rule for HP Photosmart C4200 series

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Tue Oct 2 17:55:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 07:24:49PM +0200, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> Could also tell us which backend you use with this scanner and how
> well does that work ?

It seems to work fine with the hpaio backend from hplip 2.7.7.  (I
downloaded the Ubuntu source package and recompiled it on my Debian
lenny system.)  I've scanned a couple of images using gimp + xsane so
far.

Unfortunately, the printing side doesn't work yet, I think due to
Python 2.4 vs 2.5 issues, but I'm still debugging it.