[sane-devel] epson perfection 1670 problem

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 5 18:47:25 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sunday 30 September 2007 18:01, Tanguy Eric wrote:
> When i launch xsane from command line i can see this
> warming :
> [snapscan] Scanner warming up - waiting 6 seconds.
> [snapscan] Scanner warming up - waiting 36 seconds.
>
> and after when i ask a scan xsane spend also times warming :
> [snapscan] Scanner warming up - waiting 4 seconds.
> [snapscan] Scanner warming up - waiting 36 seconds.
>
> It's a lot of warming!

Yes. Unfortunately the time is specified by the scanner, the backend
just does what the scanner asks for. If the backend sends any
commands before the warming up is completed the scanner will return
an error.

There's probably some way to shorten the warming up phase of the 1670,
but I haven't a clue how to do it.

> Sometimes also when i launch xsane it comes up immediately but when
> i ask a scan i obtain an error message :
> Failed to start scanner: Invalid argument

That sounds like a different problem. Please run

SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 xsane 2>debug.log

and send me the debug.log file for such an error.

Regards,

Oliver