[sane-devel] Troubles with genesys backend

Mohammad Tabbara m.tabbara at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 01:06:54 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've installed backends 1.0.18 on debian etch on arm and have a Canon
Lide 50 attached that is detected by the backend but results in a seg
fault when trying to scan. I've tried the various combinations of the
following:

pre-built debian packages (apt-get install)
cross-compiled tar balls of sane and CVS copies (including building
libusb myself)
a Cirrus Logic ARM board as well as a Samsung ARM board
kernels 2.6.13 - 2.6.23
scanner connected directly and through a powered USB hub (in case the
embedded boards can't source enough power)

and I always wind up with a segfault which gdb reports as occurring in
sanei_gl841_init_cmd_set . A (gzipped) log file is attached. It seems
like this isn't something that's isolated:

http://www.nslu2-info.de/showthread.php?p=27052

Any ideas on what may be causing trouble on ARM linux?

Thanks in advance,

Mohammad.