[sane-devel] Random questions about Xsane

Arch Willingham arch_willingham at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 21:48:34 UTC 2007

We are trying hard to use Xsane (Fedora FC7 and FC8).
We would appreciate any of these answers people could
provide:

*	What is the difference between grayscale, halftone,
and lineart?
*	When we send anything in color, the files become
huge (one page is 9MB). What are some typical settings
to change to scan a document with color and make the
file a reasonable size.
*	Often times when we scan something, the background
is very gray. What causes that?

Thanks!

Arch