[sane-devel] Adding support for a new scanner (Epson V500)

Rob Browning rlb at defaultvalue.org
Fri Oct 19 07:28:27 UTC 2007

Has anyone looked in to support for the Epson Perfection V500?  For
the moment, I have one, and it appeared the SANE packages in Debian
unstable, at least, don't support that model.

I glanced around the source a bit, but I'm not familiar enough with
SANE to know how much work it's likely to be to add support.  I did
see where the new ID would need to go into epson_usb.c, and I saw the
entries in epson.desc, but that's about as far as I've gotten.  I
guessed that epson.c would need to be augmented as well.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu