[sane-devel] sane_control_option debugging

jazz_johnson at verizon.net jazz_johnson at verizon.net
Fri Oct 26 16:15:23 UTC 2007

Hi,

My hs2p Ricoh driver seems to be working just fine with the cmdline tool scanimage.
However, when I try scanning with xscanimage or xsane, I get a popup error msg:
"Failed to start scanner. Invalid argument"
If I retry, I get "Failed to start scanner. Device Busy."

Nothing more is written to stderr.
I've tried enabling debugging with 'SANE_DEBUG_HS2P=999 xsane'
but none of my DBG() statements get written with xsane,
although they work just fine with scanimage.

In my sane_start() function I have:
   status = trigger_scan (s);
   if (status != SANE_STATUS_GOOD) {
      DBG (1, "start of scan failed: %s\n", sane_strstatus (status));
      do_cancel(s);
      return status;
   }

with
do_cancel(HS2P_Scanner * s)
{
  status = object_position (s->fd, OBJECT_POSITION_UNLOAD);
  s->scanning = SANE_FALSE;
  if (s->fd >= 0)
    {
      sanei_scsi_req_flush_all();
      sanei_scsi_close (s->fd);
      s->fd = -1;
    }
  return (SANE_STATUS_CANCELLED);
}

I've installed xsane on a Gentoo system with all xsane flags enabled:

# eix xsane
[I] media-gfx/xsane
     Available versions:  0.991 0.994 {gimp jpeg lcms nls png tiff}
     Installed versions:  0.994(23:05:25 09/23/07)(gimp jpeg lcms nls png tiff)
     Homepage:            http://www.xsane.org/

Does anybody have any idea on how to debug sane_control_option()?
THANKS.