[sane-devel] pdf

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Tue Oct 30 07:59:02 UTC 2007

Hi Steve,

> it starts scanning the next page like clock-work,
>> before I've had a chance to change the page on the scanner.

What program are you using? What OS? Command-line/GUI?

In case you're on Linux/command-line, you may want to look at the script I use to scan multiple
pages in sequence. It waits for a hit on <return> after each page:

### script start ###
PREFIX="page"
SUFFIX=".pbm"

p=0

# find first unused file
until [ ! -e $pfile ]; do

   p=$((p + 1))
   pstr="000$p"
   pstr=${pstr:(-3)}
   pfile=$PREFIX$pstr$SUFFIX

done

while [ true ]; do

   echo "Scanning $pfile..."

   # ### CONFIGURE THIS TO YOUR NEEDS: ###
   scanimage --mode Black\ \&\ White --resolution 300 -y 280 > $pfile

   pstr="000$p"
   pstr=${pstr:(-3)}
   pfile=$PREFIX$pstr$SUFFIX

   echo "Hit Return to scan next page (ctrl-c to quit)..."
   read

done
### script end ###

hth Jens