[sane-devel] Will the CanonScan 3000 Series be supported?

Christian Arnold webmaster at arctic-media.de
Sun Sep 2 21:15:45 UTC 2007

With the latest CVS-Release I successfully build sane-backends. The
libsane-genesys is included. When I run sane-find-scanner I get this

$ sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x2215, chip=GL660+GL646?) at
libusb:003:007
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

After reading the man of sane-genesys I found out that I could add my
own scanners by adding them to /usr/local/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf. I did
it with the data above. But scanimage -L still doesn't detect my
CanoScan 3000! What am I doing wrong?

Regards
Christian