[sane-devel] Will the CanonScan 3000 Series be supported?

Christian Arnold webmaster at arctic-media.de
Mon Sep 3 05:56:09 UTC 2007

Stéphane VOLTZ schrieb:
> Le dimanche 2 septembre 2007, Christian Arnold a écrit :
>> With the latest CVS-Release I successfully build sane-backends. The
>> libsane-genesys is included. When I run sane-find-scanner I get this
>>
>> $ sane-find-scanner
>> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9, product=0x2215, chip=GL660+GL646?) at
>> libusb:003:007
>>    # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
>> supported by
>>    # SANE. Try scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage.
>>
>> After reading the man of sane-genesys I found out that I could add my
>> own scanners by adding them to /usr/local/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf. I did
>> it with the data above. But scanimage -L still doesn't detect my
>> CanoScan 3000! What am I doing wrong?
>>
>> Regards
>> Christian
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	to add a model, you also have to edit genesys_devices.c, create a
> Genesys_Model entry for your scanner and then add it to
> genesys_usb_device_list.
>
> 	But before going that road, it would be worth to have a look at a USB log of
> a preview recorded under windows, so that we can get sure that your scanner
> is really GL646 based. That will also give the various parameters to set in
> the device description structures.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Hello!

How do I record this log? I'm pretty shure that the CanoScan 3000 Series
should work after "some" coding with the genesys drivers, because of
this SANE unsupported device information page
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/canon-3000.html
It seems not many sane-users have this scanner. But I have and I am
willing to make it supported! If you need any information from the
scanner, tell me and I try to provide it!

Hope it'll work someday!

Regards
Christian