[sane-devel] Will the CanonScan 3000 Series be supported?

Christian Arnold webmaster at arctic-media.de
Wed Sep 5 20:41:45 UTC 2007

>>> http://files.arctic-media.de/usbsnoop.log or zip-compressed (4,78 MB)
>>> from http://files.arctic-media.de/usbsnoop.zip
>>>
>>> Hope my scanner has a Genesys chip inside!
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Christian
>> 	Hello,
>>
>> 	I've run my decoding scripts on it. It looks a genesys chip (some register
>> and ata write are recognized), but it isn't a GL646 one, nor a GL841. Some
>> registers index aren't known for any of those. Maybe a newer genesys GLxxx
>> chip ?
>>
>> Regards,
>> 	Stef
>
> 	Hum,
>
> 	after further digging, and infding some mail in the list, it may still be a
> GL646 but behind a different chip (GL660?). I'll look into it more deeply.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Hi!
Thanks for helping! I tried to open the case of the scanner. I was
really gently and I couldn't open it! I used a plectrum but in the front
there has to be another locking. Maybe i'll try again tomorrow, then
I'll be able to tell you, what chips are in that scanner!

Regards
Christian