[sane-devel] Epkowa and 16-bit/colour?

Levente Novák lnovak at dragon.unideb.hu
Thu Sep 13 06:30:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 10:57 +0200, Patrick Min wrote:
> This Avasys forum post may be relevant to you:
> http://www.avasys.jp/cgi-bin/lx/bbs/en/scanner-bbs/hyperbbs.cgi?mode=view;start=1;Code=5005
>
> It's for the 4490, but maybe the 3490 has the same problem?
>
> Patrick

Thank you for the link. I patched and recompiled the epkowa backend, but
the result is still not perfect. While there are clearly less coloured
stripes/lines, and the photograph scanned is also easily discernible,
fine vertical coloured lines running through the whole image still
remain. It reminds me the time I had a Microtek Phantom 636cx and the
backend lacked a good shading correction. Maybe this is also a
less-than-perfect correction for the sensitivity unevenness of the
individual pixels on the CCD?

Levente