[sane-devel] In progress: TRUST Imagery 9600SP (TECO_VM6552)

Gerard Klaver gerard at gkall.hobby.nl
Thu Apr 3 16:03:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-03 at 14:56 +0200, Ralph D. Ungermann wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Ralph D. Ungermann wrote:
> >>
> >>  I'm about to adapt the teco3 backend to the VM6552.
> >>
> >>  My question: Is there still any public interest in backends for
> >>  such old scanners?
>

> m. allan noah wrote:
> > though there may not be much interest, we will accept patches if you
> > get it working and it compiles cleanly. we might even make you
> > maintainer of the code if you are not careful :)
>

> My scanner now runs fine! But unfortunately, it turned out to be not a
> patch, but a major rewrite (with 30% less lines). I presume, that my
> backend also solves major issues for the other supported scanners,
> chiefly with color scans and responsiveness (to cancel). But I have no
> way to test it for other teco models, and I don't want to fool millions
> of happy teco3 users.
>
> If there is anybody else out there using backend teco1, teco2, or teco3,
> I'm willing to unify and maintain that driver. But now I sit idle, until
> somebody googles and finds this email...
>
> Meanwhile: Anyone here need help coding or reviewing his code?
>
> -- ralph

Hello Ralph,

I am the maintainer of the teco2 backend, if you have a link (or send a
zip file with data to mailbox) to your backend i can have a look and add
improvements to the teco2 backend.

http://gkall.hobby.nl/scanner.html

PS. Frank Zago is the maintainer for the teco1 and teco3 backend.
--
--------
m.vr.gr.