[sane-devel] Canon imageClass MFP's

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Thu Apr 17 20:12:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

Currently maintaining the pixma backend, I can give you tips and
knowledge on it if you want to design a backend for those Canon MFPs.

Especially if the protocol used by them is similar to the PIXMA
protocol, then it can be easy to integrate them either in the pixma
backend (the easiest, let's say as a separate pixma_ImageClass.c file
for instance), or in a separate imageclass backend, that would probably
use most of the pixma code.

To have a first idea of what it looks like, could you send me (at mail
address) a zipped USB snoop of a typical scan session under Windows

Then, we can discuss on the best solution to implement the backend.

Nicolas