[sane-devel] epjitsu backend for a Scansnap S300

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 22:07:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 3:03 PM, jojuez <jsanchezjr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am attempting to install and use a Fujitsu Scansnap S300 on Ubuntu 7.10 and
>  SANE 1.0.19. After installing SANE there was no epjitsu.conf file in the
>  sane.d directory. I located a sample and copied it to the directory. I also
>  copied the firmware file to a directory and pointed the conf file there. If
>  is use sane-find-scanner, it is found as a USB scanner and the vendor and
>  product values match those in the conf file. However if I attempt running
>  scanimage it does not find the scanner. If my detail is not enough I am
>  sorry, I am very new at using SANE. I am sure there is something I missed I
>  am just having trouble pinning down what that may be. Any assistance anyone
>  may provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

1. when you configure the new tarball, you should give it the params
required to put the files in the place of your existing OS install of
sane. i use something like:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-locking

unless i am on a 64 bit platform, then i sometimes have to add
--libdir=/usr/lib64

configure --help is your friend.

otherwise, you end up with sane installed in /usr/local, where some
OS's ignore it :(

2. you should remove your existing sane package before you `make
install` the new one, otherwise sane wont overwrite the config files,
and you might be left with two copies of the libs installed.

allan