[sane-devel] incompatible iscan-2.11.0

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Tue Apr 22 18:23:59 UTC 2008

Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de> wrote:

Hi,

> Perhaps I misunderstand something but when you provide only
> the epkowa backend, I think everything is fine for you
> because the incompatibility is - as far as I see - only
> regarding the proprietary plugins and when a user has
> a proprietary model, he is on his own to go to Epson Avasys
> and download and install their stuff.

I do have more than a few users who rely on the proprietary crap for
whatever good or bad reason. That's why I provided epkowa in the first
place.

> But again it is only a
> "proprietary model" -> "shit happens" -> "go to Epson Avasys"
> issue.

Unfortunately sooner or later it'll land in my mailbox :|

> I wonder how Epson Avasys supports this case.

They don't is my guess. See how the download form gives you one
version or the other is how they handle it.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169