[sane-devel] Nikon CoolScan LS-9000 ED support
sane-z at robsims.com
Tue Apr 22 23:21:09 UTC 2008
As suggested by the web page, I'm posting here to let people know I'm
working on a back end for the Nikon LS-9000 (patching coolscan2.c). I
also have a few questions.
I have basic functionality working, but it's definitely not ready for
The Nikon docs are inaccurate and incomplete, so it's been a little slow
1) Fix SET WINDOW for IR channel. Currently returns 5/24/00. Following
scan fails, unless I do a failing SET WINDOW followed by a GET WINDOW.
2) Use thumbnail scan mode to capture the whole film strip. Regular
scan at lowest scan resolution is limited to ~ 1/2 the strip. Make
thumbnail mode an option since it can use a resolution and size not
available to a real scan.
3) Add recognition of film holder to help enable (4)
4) Add knowledge of frame positions for various film holders. Some
holders have fixed film positions (35mm slides, 35mm strips), others
have variable frame sizes and positions. For example, the 865*
holders support at least 4 different frame sizes (4.5x6, 6x6, 6x7,
6x9cm), so some user settings will be required also.
5) Add support for multi-pass scanning (option + passthrough to scanner)
6) Get the autoexposre buttons to work reliably.
Any feeback? Is it proper to post patches here?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/attachments/20080422/9c0b3cad/attachment.pgp
More information about the sane-devel