[sane-devel] Nikon CoolScan LS-9000 ED support

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Wed Apr 23 18:03:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 11:32:58 -0600
Rob Sims <sane-z at robsims.com> wrote:

> >   I did some work in improving infrared and general coolscan
> >  support in the coolscan3 driver. You might want to give it a look.
>
> Thanks - I was basing my changes on the released package; I have now
> checked out of cvs.  Why the name change?  The supported scanner list is
> the same, and many of the changes seem cosmetic.  If coolscan3 is
> destined to replace 2, I'll rebase the patches against it.

 I started by changing a bit coolscan2 and then found that I needed
 more deeper changes. In order to avoid compatibility problems
 I preferred to fork it into coolscan3.

 I've then added infrared support for my LS-2000 which is working
 very fine. I now have an almost-open-source workflow
 for scanning my slides: I save to 16bits RGB+infrared with tiffscan
 and then use vuescan for infrared dust removal.

> Does anyone know of features unimplemented for the 8000 that may be
> common to the 9000?  I'm currently planning on enabling the stuff I add
> for only the 9000.
>
> What is the "reply" convention on this list - Debian lists it's to reply
> to list only, and on kernel lists it's to retain the cc: list.

 there isn't. Every receiver has his own preference :) As the linux kernel rtc
 maintainer I have the habit to "reply to all" until someone bites me :)

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy