[sane-devel] Calling a script after USB scanner is plugged

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Apr 24 20:36:10 UTC 2008

Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de> wrote:

Hi,

> I wonder how "scanimage -L" causes any add or remove event at all.
> I cannot imagine that those add or remove events are the
> same add or remove events which happen when the device
> is plugged-in at the USB or plugged-off from the USB.

Not sure about this, but it's possible the endpoints are removed when
they're in use and readded once they're no longer used.

> Do you know what those different usb_endpoints are?

They're USB endpoints. An element of the USB interface/protocol.

> Perhaps the different USB interfaces for the one USB device?

They're the USB endpoints offered by the device :)

> I wonder how one could specify a udev rule which matches
> to the one "add" event for the one USB device instead of
> whatever bulk of "add" events for whatever stuff which
> is related to the one USB device.

See the top of the libsane udev rules ? :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169