[sane-devel] HP 5590 not working in 1.0.19

Albert Cervera i Areny albert at nan-tic.com
Sun Apr 27 11:24:09 UTC 2008

Hi,
I recently acquired an HP 5590 with ADF. scanimage works properly but scanadf
is not working to me with version 1.0.19 of backends, it only scans an image
just like scanimage but gives the following output in verbose mode:

# scanadf -v
scanadf: scanning image of size 850x1173 pixels at 1 bits/pixel
scanadf: acquiring gray frame
Scanned document image-0001
[hp5590] hp5590_control_msg: USB-in-USB: error getting response
[hp5590] hp5590_control_msg: USB-in-USB: error sending control message
scanadf: sane_start: Invalid argument
Invalid argument
Scanned 1 pages
[hp5590] hp5590_control_msg: USB-in-USB: error sending control message

After this I have to unplug of the scanner and plug it again in order to use
it. Does anyone have any ideas what can I do to solve this? Should I checkout
current CVS snapshots?

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com