[sane-devel] XSane not showing full list of resolutions for Epson V500

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Aug 11 09:12:31 UTC 2008

Alesh Slovak <alesh.slovak at avasys.jp> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I work with Olaf and he asked me to take a look at this problem.
> Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it.
>
> [snip]
>
> I really can't speculate as to what your trouble might be. I think
> you'll have to wait until Olaf gets back so he can take another look at
> this.

I had a look and was not able to reproduce it either.  I did notice
something odd, though, when I compared my debug log to yours.  The
line count values were different, 6 vs. 18, which indicates that you
pick up a rather unexpected value for MAX_DATA in sanei/sanei_scsi.h
when compiling iscan from source.

You should be okay if you use the binary package's libsane-epkowa.

That said, I'm curious as to why you pick up such a strange value for
MAX_DATA (and what that value is).

Can you send me a copy of the config.h file that gets created when you
`./configure` the iscan sources?  Also, a copy of the scsi/sg.h header
file would be welcome.  Normally, that file lives below /usr/include/.
# Maybe that can help in fixing the problem in a later iscan release.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                   FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/