[sane-devel] Support for Canon LiDE 80

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Fri Aug 22 11:36:39 UTC 2008

Hi Keith,

Vital Mission Software schrieb:
> I would like to see if I can get my LiDE 80 to work. It is marked as
> unsupported since 2007-01-28. It appears in the udev/libsane.rules, but
> not in genesys_devices.c. However, that does include support for LiDE
> up to 60 and I note that the tables for 50 and 60 differ in only one
> number.
>
> Would it be safe to copy the 60 table and call it the 80 table?
>
> If so, is it likely to work?

That does not work out of the box, see the thread starting at
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-December/015752.html

Here is another attempt to get it to work:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-February/020959.html

I don't remember exactly how far the two attempts got, skimming the
emails i get the impression that the motor control worked, but the
optical system could not be coaxed to deliver data.

 > Keith Harwood.

Regards,
   Pierre