[sane-devel] Epson 4990 / v700 Lamp Shut-off

myopicwatchmaker myopicwatchmaker at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:02:36 UTC 2008

Hello everyone!
I have been working with the epson2 backend for some time now, as I use both
the 4990 and v700 as part of my work.

The items I scan are heat-sensitive, which is problematic given that lamps
of both the scanner and its transparency unit generate quite a lot of heat.
After each scan the lamps remain powered for fifteen minutes before
automatically turning off.  Does anybody know of any command(s) that will
allow me to turn off the scanner's lamps earlier than this?  There isn't
anything in the 4990 documentation to suggest it is possible, but perhaps
someone here has stumbled upon a something.

Thanks,
Nick