[sane-devel] backend Kodak i260 Image depth 48 bits stream. How is coded?

jgobuzon-lm at yahoo.com jgobuzon-lm at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 30 08:47:38 UTC 2008

Allan:

   A 1.5 bytes per pixel cool!. Maybe was my imagination, but I can see a
odd repeated image when I open the RAW image with Photoshop CS2 with this options:

 1200 width, 1000 height, 3 channels, 16 bits depth and 0 bytes size header.

  I'd put a zip-file with the RAW image on the next url
  (a Windows-generated JGP image of the same car was included too)

   http://www.upitus.net/08354nussl68/imageCar.zip.htm

   and here too

   http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=t7m1l42fxrc

  The scanner header-image date values are:

STS : srbsts/0x01 hres/0x00000000 pcbActualData/256
DMP : aSizeof:                           256
DMP : aImageSize:                        7833600
DMP : aImageIdentifier:                  3
DMP : aResolution:                       200
DMP : aXoffset:                          0
DMP : aYoffset:                          0
DMP : aImageWidth:                       2400
DMP : aImageHeight:                      2176
DMP : aBitDepth:                         48
DMP : aCompression:                      0
DMP : aPrintString:                      <                                        >
DMP : aDocumentCount:                    0
DMP : aTokenCount:                       0
DMP : aRegeneration:                     0
DMP : aDeskewEnabled                     0
DMP : aDeskewStatus:                     0
DMP : aRif:                              0
DMP : aSkewAngle:                        0
DMP : aPatchType:                        0
DMP : aPatchDetected                     0
DMP : aImageStatus:                      0
DMP : aAdditionalLength:                 0
DMP : aImageSegmentNumber:               0
DMP : aImageLastSegment:                 0

Jose Osuna

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Jose Guadalupe Osuna Chavez
<jose.chaves at sat.gob.mx> wrote:

>        Another weird thing about bit depth is as a result of the read_imageheader command I get values of: 2400 width, 2176 length with a total image bytes of 7833600. That doesn't match with an image of 2400 x 2176 x 6 bytes per pixel.

sounds like it is compressed. i think the 48 bit value is a red
herring. the i1860 requires something like 96 bits in that spot, even
though it only scans in 24 bit color.

>        I'm just have watch on inquiry result a label with aFrontCameraYCCOutput:1 and aFrontCameraYRGBOutput:0. YCC is a Kodak image format, isn't?

no, shortened form of YCbCr.

>        Later I'll post an URL to a RAW image file scanned (without graphic format header).

sounds good. i might be able to figure it out.

allan