[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MP970

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sat Aug 30 09:27:29 UTC 2008

To have MP970 TPU been supported, some more snoops will be needed
(either USB snoops, taken with Snoopy Pro for instance, or network logs
taken with wireshark) to integrate the new message (ea 20) and logic
needed by TPU.

As Louis mentioned, we started a while back working on this, and it
appeared that the TPU unit uses an additional protocol message, whose
content looked to be linked with the kind of TPU scan performed:

- Negative or slide
- 24 bits image or 48 bits image
- maybe, some filtering applied to the image, as implemented in the
Windows driver

So to go a step further, the first thing to do will be to take snoops of
TPU scans under Windows, and see how the content of the ea 20 message
varies. Then we can implement the changes into the Sane backend.

Would you mind taking those TPU snoops with your MP970 ?

Nicolas