[sane-devel] epjitsu (Fujitsu fi-60f) on fedora 8

ronenk rkahana at ztarmobile.com
Wed Dec 10 17:44:51 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to connect a Fujitsu fi-60f to a system running fedora 8.
I got to the point (I think..)  where all of the pieces are in the right
place but I can't get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the vitals:

$ /sbin/lsusb
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04c5:10c7 Fujitsu, Ltd

$ scanimage -V
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.19; backend version 1.0.19

$ sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure
that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04c5, product=0x10c7) at libusb:001:003
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supported
by

 $ SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=15 scanimage -L 2>f60.log

$ cat f60.log
[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epjitsu to 15.
[epjitsu] sane_init: start
[epjitsu] sane_init: epjitsu backend 1.0.10, from sane-backends 1.0.19
[epjitsu] sane_init: reading config file epjitsu.conf
[epjitsu] sane_init: firmware '/usr/local/share/sane/epjitsu/60f_0A06.nal'
[epjitsu] sane_init: looking for 'usb 0x04c5 0x10c7'
[epjitsu] attach_one: start 'libusb:001:003'
[epjitsu] attach_one: init struct
[epjitsu] attach_one: connect fd
[epjitsu] connect_fd: start
[epjitsu] connect_fd: opening USB device
[epjitsu] connect_fd: could not open device: 11
[epjitsu] connect_fd: finish
[epjitsu] sane_close: start
[epjitsu] teardown_buffers: start
[epjitsu] teardown_buffers: finish
[epjitsu] sane_close: finish
[epjitsu] sane_init: firmware '/usr/local/share/sane/epjitsu/300_0A00.nal'
[epjitsu] sane_init: looking for 'usb 0x04c5 0x1156'
[epjitsu] sane_init: found 0 scanner(s)
[epjitsu] sane_init: finish
[epjitsu] sane_get_devices: start
[epjitsu] sane_get_devices: finish
[epjitsu] sane_exit: start
[epjitsu] sane_exit: finish

Now I gathered that status 11 is SANE_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED so I tried the
same command using sudo but got the same response and the log file was
completely empty...:confused:

$ SANE_DEBUG_EPJITSU=15 sudo scanimage -L 2>f60.log

$ cat f60.log
$

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ronen