[sane-devel] scanbd - scanner button daemon
wilhelm.meier at fh-kl.de
Mon Dec 15 12:06:16 UTC 2008
some time ago I was looking for a universal scanner-button-daemon. I
found some approaches (sanebuttonsd, KSannerButtons, scanmonitord),
but none of them convinced me.
So I sat down and wrote an own version.
The problems of the above mentioned old solutions were:
1) no hal support
2) no dbus support
3) no support to interact with saned
The new scanbd fulfills the above points (until now in a somewhat
1) scanbd uses hal dbus-interface to detect new scanners or scanners
that vanished (usb plugoff)
2) scanbd uses dbus to sendout signals if it performs an action (scans
and emails an image e.g). This can be used by desktop-applications.
3) scanbd uses a dbus-interface to expose methods to perform actions
(this too can be used by desktop applications)
4) scanbd interacts nicely with saned: it stops polling the scanner
buttons if the scanner-device must be used by saned.
5) scanbd can poll arbitrary number of scanner
6) flexible configuration
This is a very early release of the piece of software - be warned.
You can get it from:
Comments very welcome!
More information about the sane-devel