[sane-devel] iscan questions Novell bugzilla #459215

Russ Fineman russbucket at nwi.net
Tue Dec 16 00:52:51 UTC 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 15:32:07 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> >> You don't mention the iscan version you use, but I am assuming you are
> >> using a self-built version of 2.12.0 or later.  The following is based
> >> on that assumption.
> >
> > No 2,12 is 2.10 as below. I can download 2.12 and compile it. See if that
> > corrects problem.
>
> Please download iscan-2.14.0-3.tar.gz.  Select any of the models
> listed at
>
>   http://avasys.jp/hp/page000001300/hpg000001239.htm
>
> to get to a page that lets you download that version.

> >> It's a problem with both really.  You can work around this by running
> >> iscan from the command-line as follows:
> >>
> >>   LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64 iscan
> >
> > using this command starts iscan, selecting scan to printer still shows
> > .png and .tiff greyed out. cliclking scan gives following error:
> >
> >   finemanruss at linux-f836:/usr/lib64> ltdl_library_path=/usr/lib64 iscan
> > terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
> >   what():  /usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
> > Aborted
>
> So it seems that you are running a 32-bit version of the package.  In
> that case I suspect that you do not have the 32-bit versions of the
> PNG (and JPEG) libraries installed.  You should have libpng-32bit or
> some similarly named package installed.  Same for JPEG.
>
> > I just reported to Novell bugzilla (459215).
>
> Thanks, but I think that your report will be somewhat confusing.  For
> one thing, it's not clear what version of whose package you are using.
>
> > Also tried to enter it on
> > https://www.avasys.jp/secure/english/linux_e/support_form.html but I
> > get a list of apache and java errors. says cannot contact server. Do
> > I need to log on some where to report this?
>
> You shouldn't have to log on to report anything.  Just confirmed your
> observation.  I get the same myself.  I'll forward that to our support
> people.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
> FSF Associate Member #1962               Help support software freedom
>                  http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962
Just down loaded the 2.14 package from your web site. The packages I'm using
were fronm the opensuse repository. Sorry I was confused, since it said
proprietory package I assumed it was provide by AVASYS.

I'll install the package and deinstall what I have first. I post results.

Thanks for the continuing help.
--
Russ
Registered Linux User #441463