[sane-devel] Support CanonScan LiDE 200

Stefan Wimmer swimmer at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 19 15:51:51 UTC 2008

* Jan Huijsmans <bofh at koffie.nu> [2008-10-09 19:51] :
>  Today I bought this scanner (dmesg and sane-find-device output included)
>  and to my supprice even the chipset isn't mentioned as (un)supported, so
>  I guess I have a new device...
>
>  Is someone already working on the support of this device?
>
> [...]
>
> <device descriptor of 0x04a9/0x1905 at 003:004>
>  bLength               18
>  bDescriptorType       1
>  bcdUSB                2.00
>  bDeviceClass          255
>  bDeviceSubClass       255
>  bDeviceProtocol       255
>  bMaxPacketSize0       64
>  idVendor              0x04A9
>  idProduct             0x1905
>  bcdDevice             6.03
>
> [...]

Yesterday I bought the same model and was wondering if there is already
any development?

Unfortunately I'm not a programmer (some basic Bash/Perl knowledge
aside) and therefore can't actively develop a new backend or even modify
existing backends but I'm willing to help with all the resources I have
to come to a result in this quest ...

Best regards
Stefan