[sane-devel] help with improving text scans

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 15:13:43 UTC 2008

2008/12/20 m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
> I can't speak for Jeremy, but there is the general bug that gscan2pdf
> only shows options that it knows, which hides alot of nice
> compression, or image processing, or imprinter options provided by
> office scanners.

Nobody has ever reported this "general bug" to me. I have implemented
any requests for specific options I have received.

Having written Perl bindings for SANE, I will be able to do a more
general interface, but please file the bug on Sourceforge or against
the Debian package in the mean time.

Perhaps you have some ideas on what to do for those scanners which
offer so many options that the option dialog window is so tall that it
must be scrolled - maybe some way of showing/hiding certain options
that you don't use.

Regards

Jeff