[sane-devel] SANE protocol over USB as new USB scanner device class?

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Sun Dec 28 19:02:13 UTC 2008

"François Revol" <revol at free.fr> wrote:

Hi,

>> There actually was a scanner/imaging device standard class defined
>> for
>> USB, and it never went anywhere.
>
> Well, just like webcams, until finally some big player switched to UVC,
> like Apple.

My point. Except the iSight doesn't actually talk proper UVC.

Seeing how UVC is being bent over and fscked with various accessories
by vendors (much like USB used to be/still is sometimes), I'm not sure
having a standard class would make much difference in the end, once
you've discovered all the vendor/model-specific quirks :P

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169