[sane-devel] [Patch] Xsane top menu doesn't support keyboard accessing

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 13:55:46 UTC 2008

2008/12/30 Halton Huo <Halton.Huo at sun.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 0.996 tarball release, the top menu items of xsane is not
> accessible for keyboard navigating. The attached patch is to fix this
> issue.
>
> For the top menu item, we should use gtk_menu_item_new_with_mnemonic()
> instead of gtk_menu_item_new_with_label()
>
> BTW, does not xsane have source code repository to let volunteers follow up?
> And it does not have a bug system.

Xsane's author is not a member of this list, so I'm afraid your patch
will go to waste and your questions will go unanswered. (Yes, the
xsane webpage sends you here first, a big complaint of mine) If you
cannot reach him directly, we (theoretically) could get it setup at
Alioth as a separate project. But, to be worth making the fork, would
need a serious maintainer and a group of developers. Are you willing
to work on it?

allan