[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MP210

nicols nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sun Feb 3 14:48:18 UTC 2008

Andy Webster wrote:

> I've been reading around the various Sane pages and tried running
> sane-find-scanner and scanimage. I've used a usb sniffer to sample a
> scan from windows so that it might be compared with other pixma devices
> that are supported (MP150...). The results are here:
>
> http://alloutput.com/nslu2/scanner.html

Hi,

As the designer of MP610 evolutions to libsane-pixma 0.13.1, published on
mp610.blogspot.com, I just took a look at the usblog you published and ...
it looks like MP210 protocol is exactly the same as MP610 one (and also
MP520 as someone reported on the blog).

So I've just added the few modifications to current MP610 driver to have
MP520 and MP210 use the same driver, but, as you can understand, it is yet
untested. Maybe you could give a try ? You can download the updated package
on sendspace.com at the following link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tvf9jm http://www.sendspace.com/file/tvf9jm

Follow instructions for compiling and installing it on the blog:

http://mp610.blogspot.com/2007/11/new-sane-scanner-driver-for-canon-mp610.html
mp610.blogspot.com

And let us know ...

Nicolas