[sane-devel] HP 4890

marco-sass at web.de marco-sass at web.de
Wed Feb 6 07:01:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

I would like to use my Hewlett Packard ScanJet 4890 with Linux. I am a programmer so I could try to write a driver. I have learned from the SANE web site that this scanner uses the GL843 chip and maybe the genesys backend could be extended.

The specification for the GL843 chip is available on the Genesys web site. Now I need information about the connected hardware inside the scanner like motor or ccd. Has anybody an idea where to get these information?

Marco