[sane-devel] scanimage -L crashes with HP ScanJet 4100c

Peter Kirchgessner peter at kirchgessner.net
Sun Feb 10 08:50:06 UTC 2008

Hello,
I assume that there is a problem with the communication with that
scanner. The backend tries to identify the scanner by inquiring various
settings. And if the backend does not get the expected answers from it
(Escape-sequences with defined arguments) it will not make use of that
scanner. I am using a HP ScanJet 6350 with USB (even on a 64 bit
machine) since years and it makes no problem. And the hp-backend uses
the same USB-software-interface for all the scanners it supports.
Maybe the ScanJet 4100 is a little bit too slow in answering and it does
not deliver the expected answers in time. I will see if I can find a
workaround.

Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner