[sane-devel] Canon MP710/740 support request

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sun Feb 10 18:30:40 UTC 2008

Ok, great!

In order to debug the 600 and 1200 dpi, I will need the traces produces
by the driver in debug mode.

For that:

- Recompile the driver with debug information:
$ make distclean
$ make

- Set the Sane debug variable to full debug mode , and run xsane from
the same console, to get the debug infos:
$ export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=10 ; xsane

- Then scan with xsane at 600 dpi, you should get lots traces in the
console of what's going on.

- Put all this stuff in a text file, zip it, you can send it directly by
email to me (without sending to mailing list), I'll check that.
Then, I propose to send you some different files that will include
additional debug code, in order to better understand what's going on

Rgds,
Nicolas