[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 80 (2nd try)

Reinhard Biegel r.biegel at gmx.at
Mon Feb 11 15:43:20 UTC 2008

Am Monday, 11. February 2008 schrieb Stefan Lucke:
> > [genesys_gl841] reg[0x6b] = 0x02
> > [genesys_gl841] reg[0x6e] = 0x6d
> > [genesys_gl841] gl841_bulk_write_register: failed while writing command:
> > Invalid argument
> > scanimage: open of device genesys:libusb:001:010 failed: Invalid argument
>
> At that moment, I guess you'll see messages like:
> 	new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address nn
> via dmesg.

Hi,
Yes, thats right.

Changing the write to reg 0x6b from 0x0c to 0x08 fixes that.
Scanner is producing noisy image now.

Do I see right that the two bits (0x04 and 0x08 of register 0x6b) affect two
pins which are marked as 'reserved' in the datasheet? They are only
documented for GL843.

After scanning I have to replug the scanner, otherwise I get an error message
telling me the document feeder is jammed. Curiously, if I set
SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS, there comes up another error about a failed bulk_write.

Also I noticed that the LED isn't continuously illuminated. In one half it's
continuous, but in the other there are small gaps (about 1mm) with about 4mm
spacing between. In the middle there are a few with bigger spacing.

> Which way is your scanner connected ?
Directly to the computer, no hubs.

Regards,
Reinhard