[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 80 (2nd try)

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Wed Feb 13 17:45:18 UTC 2008

Stefan Lucke schrieb:
> On Monday 11 February 2008, Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
>> Reinhard Biegel schrieb:

>>> Hi,
>>> Yes, thats right.
>>>
>>> Changing the write to reg 0x6b from 0x0c to 0x08 fixes that.
>>> Scanner is producing noisy image now.
>>>
>>> Do I see right that the two bits (0x04 and 0x08 of register 0x6b) affect two
>>> pins which are marked as 'reserved' in the datasheet? They are only
>>> documented for GL843.
>> Register 0x6b is very different between GL841/2 and GL843. But the
>> documentation around the pins controlled with 0x6b is a bit lacking.
>
> So we need to write reserved I/O bits, (0x6b) need to write to undefined
> gamma addresses (0x5b/5c - 0x0c00). Thats really magic. Both areas
> are defined for GL843 but not for GL841/2.

I just tested that on my scanner. Gamma data written to 0xc000 ended up
in Gamma RAM, 0x0000. Can someone please play around with the actual
data transmitted and the address? It may be a dummy write. On the other
hand, the firmware may intercept that write(for whatever reasons it
could not use another usb vendor transfer).

If you want to test that yourself, i attached my program. You will
probably need to fiddle with the initialisation code.

Regards,
  Pierre