[sane-devel] BRSCAN and BRSCAN2 drivers legal and porting questions

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:43:04 UTC 2008

Dear Developers,

I was wondering if it would be legally possible to include BRSCAN and
BRSCAN2 drivers for Brother all-in-one and scanner devices into the SANE
backhands.
The source code for both drivers is released and I tried to compile on the
OpenBSD. The compilation fails but it looks to me that it could be fixed.
Could you get out of them the information about the Linux libraries used
by the binaries.

If they use only static libraries those binaries should work on any of
*BSD flavours no questions asked.

Most Kind Regards,
Predrag Punosevac

P. S. I am not on the list so please include cc in correspondence with me.