[sane-devel] output of sane-find-scanner for Canoscan 8800F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:27:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
<aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have submitted output for this scanner before, but do not see
>  it on the SANE webpages, so here goes again. I will fiddle with the
>  genesys backend to see what kind out output I can get, and maybe I can
>  help in the debugging and development of the genesys code.

I have read a bit more on how to add things to backends, and also
downloaded the CVS backend code. After a couple of searches for USB
snoop successes and GL841/843 devices, I have some leads on where to
start adding things in. However, there is as yet no GL843 code, I
think, in the backends. Is anyone else interested in helping me with
this (preferably with more experience)? I have plenty of patience to
go through log files (with helpful scripts gleaned from other web
pages). I have the GL841 and GL843 data sheets too, and since the
8800F is a 4800dpi device, if it uses a genesys chip it would be a
GL843 rather than a GL841 (there is also a newer GL845 but I could not
find a data sheet and in any case, it supports up to 9600dpi which
this scanner does not have).

Any feedback most welcome.
Gernot