[sane-devel] more actions fore sane 1.1

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Thu Feb 28 22:39:53 UTC 2008

 while we are discussing how to implement new features,
 here are a couple of things that i'd like to see:

 - a way to obtain some more info about the scanner.

 I always missed a way to ask the scanner for vendor, model and
 serial number. the only option available right now is to cache
 them during the initial roundup.

 - a way to specify the scan area without having to keep
 track of the corner options

 This could be easily implemented with an appropriate action.

 - a way to handle the "lamp warming up" problem

 Still have to think about how to implement this
 in a reasonable way.

 Obviously all must be done in a compatible way.

 I'd love if other people can add their requirements so
 we can all see in which direction we must drive sane.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy