[sane-devel] Patch for sane-fujitsu: Fixes fi-5110eox ignoring page-width]

spammed spammed at get2net.dk
Sat Jul 12 10:00:12 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-12 at 07:59 +0200, spammed wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 18:40 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
>

> > [...]
> > > then --overscan is the only option
> > > which is exposed by the backend for this scanner, but which does not
> > > actually work. Maybe the option could be hidden when the scanner returns
> > > (os_x_basic, os_y_basic) = (0, 0), as this scanner does?
> >
> > yes- i dont have a good way to detect the overscan capability, other
> > than the existence of the page code that is used to enable it, which
> > also enables other things. do you get an error when you set overscan?
> > if not, then the problem might be that your os_x/y_basic need to be
> > overridden, like the 4120c?
>

> There is no error. I will try overriding the settings.

I copied the code for the 4120C and tried several values around 2 mm and
2.5 mm (in 600dpi units) with no change. Do you think there is a slim
chance that the values need to exactly match what the scanner expects
(the missing vpd-values) to activate overscan, and otherwise they are
just ignored? How were the values for the 4120C established?

Best regards,
Jacob Nielsen