[sane-devel] Patch for sane-fujitsu: Fixes fi-5110eox ignoring page-width]

spammed spammed at get2net.dk
Sun Jul 13 21:16:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 02:39 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:

> On 7/13/08, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/12/08, spammed <spammed at get2net.dk> wrote:
> >  > > then --overscan is the only option
> >  > > which is exposed by the backend for this scanner, but which does not
> >  > > actually work. Maybe the option could be hidden when the scanner returns
> >  > > (os_x_basic, os_y_basic) = (0, 0), as this scanner does?
> >  >
> >  > yes- i dont have a good way to detect the overscan capability, other
> >  > than the existence of the page code that is used to enable it, which
> >  > also enables other things. do you get an error when you set overscan?
> >  > if not, then the problem might be that your os_x/y_basic need to be
> >  > overridden, like the 4120c?
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >
> >  >  There is no error. I will try overriding the settings.
> >  >
> >  >  I copied the code for the 4120C and tried several values around 2 mm and
> >  > 2.5 mm (in 600dpi units) with no change. Do you think there is a slim chance
> >  > that the values need to exactly match what the scanner expects (the missing
> >  > vpd-values) to activate overscan, and otherwise they are just ignored? How
> >  > were the values for the 4120C established?
> >

> > those values came from trial and error. if you dont see a bit of the
> >  background before the paper with overscan enabled, then it must not
> >  work on this machine. i'll just disable it.
>
> i've just committed a patch which disables overscan, and centers the
> scan area in software for your scanner. i used some different values
> for the math, so please check that it works.

It works. (I wonder how I managed to overlook the ready-made max_x
value...) And the overscan option is gone, as expected.

Thanks a lot for implementing this. When sane 1.1 is released you can
promote the 5110 from 'good' to 'complete' on the page that lists
supported devices. It actually needs an 'übercomplete' category, since
you can do quite a lot with sane that the non-twain windows driver does
not allow.

Best regards,
Jacob Nielsen