[sane-devel] PENTAX DSmobile 600 scanner

Kjell André Lende post at mypanorama.org
Wed Jun 4 14:18:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:24:31 +0200
Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon at decoulon.ch> wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 June 2008, Kjell André Lende wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the PENTAX
> > DSmobile 600 scanner to work in SANE/on Linux? I would very much
> > like to purchase it, but there is no point in that if it doesn't
> > work on my system...
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Kjell André Lende
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry to say that I had no success. It works with Mac OS and from
> a virtual WInblow machine... no luck with Linux
>
> Thierry

That's too bad...

It seems that the Visigo A4 or Visigo Travelscan 464 is supported
through SANE [1]. Have anyone any experience with this scanner? Does it
work well, is reliable etc? Alternately, has anyone gotten the Visigo
PS465 Simplex [2] (an updated version, I guess) to work on Linux?

I'm also interested in any other light-weight, portable and sturdy
scanners that would work in Linux. It's for scanning documents, so a
resolution of about 300 dpi should be plenty.

1. http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-AMBIR
2. http://www.ambir.com/product.asp?item=PS465-SS

--
Regards,