[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

Werner Holtfreter Holtfreter at gmx.de
Fri Jun 6 18:15:36 UTC 2008

Am Mittwoch, 4. Juni 2008 21:09:56 schrieb stef:

> 	you can compile and test CVS without installing it system-wide.
> In a command shell, create a directory then 'cd' to it.
> 	First you have to get the sources with (see
> http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html):
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane
> login cvs -z3
> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane co
> sane-backends
>
> 	Once you have the sources, 'cd' to sane-backends, then configure
> the build with:
> 	./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
>
> then compile with:
> 	make
>
> 	Then you can use the attached 'genesys' script (which must be
> copied in the sane-backends/backend directory) and run it to test
> your scanner with the new backend without installing it. It runs
> with full debug. You can edit it to change resolution, width,
> height and coordinates. The scanned picture will be in
> 'scan.pnm'.

Hallo Stef,

thank you for the helpfully instruction!

> 	In case you run any problem, let us know.

The scanner didn't do anything.

When compiling (or configure) I read a warning "without usb"...

The scan.log:

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of genesys to 511.
[genesys] SANE Genesys backend version 1.1 build 9 from sane-backends 1.1.0-cvs
[genesys] sane_init: authorize != null
[genesys] sane_init: little endian machine
[genesys] sane_init: reading config file `genesys.conf'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 1: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 2: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 3: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 4: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 5: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 6: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 7: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 8: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 9: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 10: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 11: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 12: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 13: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 14: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 15: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 16: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 17: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 18: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 19: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 20: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 21: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 22: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 23: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 24: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 25: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 26: trying to attach `usb 0x0461 0x0377'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 27: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 28: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 29: trying to attach `usb 0x03f0 0x0901'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 30: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 31: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 32: trying to attach `usb 0x04a9 0x2213'
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 33: ignoring empty line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 34: ignoring comment line
[genesys] sane_init: config file line 35: trying to attach `usb 0x04a9 0x221c'
[genesys] sane_init: exit
[genesys] sane_open: start (devicename = `genesys')
lt-scanimage: open of device genesys failed: Invalid argument
[genesys] sane_exit: start
[genesys] sane_exit: exit
--
Viele Grüße