[sane-devel] Pixma Button scan still experimental ?

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Thu Jun 12 20:29:50 UTC 2008

Question raised to all Canon Pixma users, all models with scan button.

The Button scan feature currently displays itself as an "experimental"
Sane option, for instance, is Xsane option window.
It looks to have been translated as such also in all Locale versions of
Sane.

AFAIK, the button scan feature works pretty well for now (at least for
me), and I would like to remove this "experimental" attribute, that I
consider to belong to the past.
This would be a small cosmetic clean up before 1.1.0 gets released.

I recall the use of Pixma buttons, for instance with Xsane:
- Select Button Scan in the scan options, and set several pages to scan
- Start scanning
- Set the Pixma in its scan mode, using its on-board menus
- Press Color button to start scanning a page
- Press Gray button to stop scanning

So the question to all Pixma users:

--> does anyone have any issue with the button scan ?

Nicolas