[sane-devel] New Scanner Purchase .....

Ilia Sotnikov hostcc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 10:02:15 UTC 2008

> HP is the only brand in the market here  (Chiang Mai, Thailand).  There are
> others of course but they are at the total junk status.  HP is the only
> company with anything credible ...........

You may take a look at HP 5590 model. Most of the basic functions are
supported, and it has ADF unit (in my opinion, has low mechanical
reliability). The model is still available, at least on HP.com. And
HP7650 is also supported, which has improved scanning speed, but is
more expensive.

Anyway, I would consider them as the models for low volume scanning,
otherwise I would prefer Fujitsu.

Best regards,
--
 Ilia Sotnikov